Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The post about the Boys Birthday Shirts

Here are the shirts I made for the 3 year old's birthday party I mentioned in the past post.
front1:

back1:

front 2:


back2:
I got the shirts for $3 each at walmart (I LOVE that Granimals brand for inexpensive plain clothes to embelish) and used a bleach pen for the road and wind/cloud marks and then did freezer paper stenciling for the names, car, helicopter, and #3 on the back. I've been doing freezer paper stenciling for a while and I've used bleach on clothes before but mostly in splatters to distress clothes and jeans, but then I realized you could use a bleach pen for more detailed work thanks to I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. Its a genious idea that is SO simple, but I would have never thought of it on my own. She has a video tutorial on the bleach pen if you are interested... which of course you are!

I really like the way these turned out (must be the bright colors) and Carter's mom thought I bought them somewhere so YAY for me, i'll have to make my boys some... not that they need MORE clothes, but with a third on the way I can dress them in matching outfits :) You either love it or you hate it, but I'm a lover of matching outfits. We are gonna be that nerdy family at the zoo who are ALL matching, even the parents HAHA I LOVE IT!




No comments:

Post a Comment